Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Missing Mom

My mom passed away last year in a sudden accident and even though it has been over a year I still have moments of feeling great loss.  I know she is in a better place with her brother, mother and father as well as friends of her childhood.  I know that she is happier than she has ever been here.  Still I really miss her.  I am so thankful that I made the effort over the past 10 years to be her friend as well as her daughter.  I have many cherished memories of simple things we did together as mother/daughter/friends.  When we disagreed on something we made sure that we weren't upset with each other, we tried to understand the other view point and respected each others opinions.  I can't express how thankful I am for that simple respect on both our parts.  Since my mother's death was so sudden I was not ready to let her go so after my mother's funeral my sister and I went through her beautiful garden (that she cherished and worked very hard on) and dug up several of her flowers and plants.  I brought mine home and planted a memorial garden to my Mom.  It looks beautiful this year.  I know my mom would be happy to see such a garden at my house.  I know she would be thankful that my sister and I took the time to care for her flowers and let them continue to show their beauty at our homes.  I smile every time I look at the garden, and I think of mom.  I miss you Mom, but I feel like I still have a part of you here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment